Sunday, August 7, 2011

TODAY FINALLY ENDED

Ah it was a perfect ending to a perfect day.  Perfectly horrible would be where I would start.  Scott left today for the first month mission toward the deployment.  I am sure there is some kind of fancy name for it but I have never mastered all those letters!  Maybe I will over the next year.  MMMMM, it's a thought. I don't think I have cried more than I cried today in years.  I don't know why I have been so overwhelmed today.  Maybe it's sinking in what is about to happen to us.  Knowing that he won't be here to take care of the things I don't want to.  Selfish I know, but I never take for granted what he does for me.  I am well aware of the sacrifices made by him for our family.  Who now shall I cook for seeing that my kids refuse to eat like normal human beings.  Anyway, I digress... Trying to wrap my day up I decided that maybe to get out of the funk I found myself in, I would take my kids to Disney World to watch the fireworks.  Oh silly silly me!  It started out ok, the weather was hot but a nice breeze was moving in so we weren't dying.  Yet it quickly headed south when the wind stopped and the humidity set in and I started to sweat in places I didn't know I had.  I was sweating so much I could barely hold the squirmy, sweaty, screaming Josh.  Jack kept asking why he couldn't just go to bed.  Grace was telling me this was the worst day of her life.  So after sitting and waiting for the firework show to start the showtime had finally came.  Except the man on the loud speaker wasn't saying "here they come" he says "sorry about you luck folks the fireworks have been delayed due to lightning".  The quotes come more from me then what was actually said but you get the idea:) So there I was in all my sweaty glory hauling three kids, a cooler, diaper bag, and purse out of the park.  Disappointment pretty much on everyone's faces including mine.  And of course because it had to end this way, as we were getting into the car the show started.  We could hear it happening but couldn't see it.  It couldn't have happened any other way.  I told you a perfect ending to a perfect day.  

2 comments:

  1. What a bummer. Here's to hoping that today is a better day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird, that was me, Meagan, but for some reason it is showing as that. Strange.

    ReplyDelete